In the ever-changing environment of apps and software, sometimes you find something that works for you and you might stick with it forever. That’s how we feel at Day2Day Books about Harvest. It was our first choice back in 2014 and almost 10 years later we still use this app in our daily operations. And no, we don’t feel like we have been standing still. Over the years the app has grown with us and added more valuable features.
Why we love Harvest
Harvest is a popular time-tracking and invoicing software that can be useful for individuals, teams, and businesses of all sizes. Here are a few reasons why you might want to use start using it:
- Time Tracking: It provides an easy-to-use time tracking system that can help you or your team members to accurately track the time spent on various tasks or projects. This feature is particularly helpful for businesses that bill clients by the hour. It also connects with our project management app so it knows what we are working on!
- Invoicing: With Harvest, you can create professional-looking invoices in just a few clicks. You can customize your invoices with your company’s branding, set up recurring invoices, and even get paid online. And the best part is that the invoices sync to Quickbooks Online, so no more double entry!
- Project Management: It offers project management tools that can help you keep track of project deadlines, budgets, and team members’ progress. You can also assign tasks to team members, set priorities, and create project notes. The “time” budgets are a favourite at Day2Day Books! We can set max. hours per project or task and the client manager receives a notification when to total hours are being reached or when over.
- Reporting: Harvest provides detailed reports on time tracking, invoicing, and project management, allowing you to analyze your team’s productivity and financial performance. As accountants, we love analyzing reports and numbers, and with Harvest, we can get so much data right from the app, so no manual sorting and filtering through data!
- Integrations: It integrates with a wide range of other tools and software, including Quickbooks Online, project management tools, and communication tools. This can help you streamline your workflow and reduce the time spent on administrative tasks.
Bonus reason: It also looks pretty! Something that is often forgotten when selecting a new app is having something that looks simple and easy to use. This can be a huge benefit, especially when getting started with new software.
Harvest is one tool of many
To be fully transparent, there is no one app that does everything you want or need. Harvest is no different. Something I have always wondered is why Harvest doesn’t transfer hours to QBO timecards. The pricing is also something to keep an eye on, especially for larger teams.
Overall, Harvest can be a valuable tool for individuals and businesses looking to streamline their time tracking, invoicing, and project management processes.
If you’re wanting to know more and see if Harvest is the right fit for your business, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to see more of our favourite business software, visit our “Tools” page!